Sunday, April 25, 2010

Getting Ready!

So, I have now officially entered the blogging world. I hope to post most everyday for the next couple of weeks. I am getting ready to embark on a trip of a lifetime. Barry and I along with Barry's parents, are leaving on a 13 day trip to Israel and Jordan. We will start our adventure with a 12 hour plane flight out of Atlanta. We will visit Petra, Bethlehem, the Sea of Galilee, Tiberias, etc. I told my Bible class that I would be bringing them some rocks and as 5 and 6 year olds would, they thought that would be cool.

So far, I do have the most important thing packed, and that is the oreos. There can't possibly be any Britnell family vacation with out oreos, the family staple. Yes, other things are packed, but food is always on our minds, so that is where I started. Considering that I wouldn't find a Wal-mart right around the corner, needless to say, the shopping on our packing list has been a bit complicated. Clothes are slowly being packed, the house is slowly being cleaned, orders for good behavior expected from the kids have been slowly taken in, and finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel is slowly being seen.

We are so looking forward to this trip and for all of those being left behind, we will be thinking of you. Some of you have seen through me that preparing the children for us leaving has been a bit overwhelming at times, but they are being left in great hands. We are very grateful to you all and when you get overwhelmed while we are gone, all I can say is "eat some chocolate", though you may have to sit in a closet all by yourself so that you don't have to share.

Although I am looking forward to posting every evening on the trip, I will not take any responsibility for any gramatical errors or such. We will be so overflowing with Biblical information, that I will have to be swift as not to forget.

I am sure that I will be totally exhausted by the end of the day, but at least I will have oreos.......




1 comment:

  1. Great work! We will have the blog-world covered for the family, won't we? Go, girl!

    ReplyDelete